Our Y Camp is all about choices! Campers choose from a wide variety of activities that allow them to make lots of new friends and create memories that will last a lifetime.
- Facts: Covid-safe camp, convenient hours, easy check-in/out, caring, highly trained staff, ACA accredited
- Hours of Operation: 6:30 am to 6:00 pm
- Weekly Rate: Member: $220/weekly or Non-Member: $240/weekly
- A nutritious breakfast and lunch is provided. We suggest children bring their own lunch if they're particular with food.
- Typical day will include, but not limited to: character development, camp outings, swim, arts and crafts, reading academic online learning, closing circle.
- Scholarships are available and we accept CHS, Crystal Stairs and DCFS
See below for our most commonly asked questions.
The YMCA of Greater Long Beach is an ACA (American Camping Association) accredited day camp program and in this unique environment we are fortunate to have guidelines specific to running YMCA day camp that were developed by Y-USA, ACA and the CDC to ensure a clean, safe and healthy day camp experience this summer. We are excited about the programming planned and are confident your child will still have an exceptional camp experience! Please review some frequently asked questions that are coming up.
Increased cleaning and sanitation frequency and protocols are being implemented. All touch surfaces will be cleaned regularly using pH70 cleaning product. We are also increasing hand washing breaks for all campers and staff.
Group sizes will not surpass a 1:10 ratio. Staff and children will remain with the same group throughout the week and not cross over to different groups, thus limiting exposure. This protocol will decrease the total number of campers we are able to serve per week. We also ask that families try and have the same person drop off and pick up their child daily to lessen the number of individuals who come onto our site. All staff and campers will wear face masks and all check-in/out areas. 6ft physical distancing will also be enforced.
A health check will be conducted at check in daily for all campers. This will include a few questions and taking a temperature reading with a touchless thermometer. The same is done for staff daily. If a camper begins exhibiting symptoms during the day they will immediately be put in an isolation room until their parent picks them up. If someone is diagnosed with COVID-19 any camper(s) who may have had contact with the individual will be notified. The Y will communicate directly with the health department and follow all guidelines as it relates to cleaning and sanitation, as well as evaluate if a temporary closure is necessary.